Director of DevelopmentCompany: Notre Dame de Sion Schools of Kansas City
Date Posted: January 9, 2018
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters or Advanced degree in Non-Profit Management, and Marketing, Strategic Communications and/or Fundraising is preferred.
- Provide strong leadership and modeling in support of the School’s mission as an independent Catholic School.
- Professional management experience in the following areas; alumnae(i) relations, advancement and fundraising non-profit management, communications, public relations, collegiate alumnae(i) relations and donor relations.
- Experience and proven success in coordinating, mentoring, and motivating staff while managing appropriate expectations and assisting in the professional development of each team member.
- Advanced skill and experience in developing and maintaining productive working relationships with Trustees, alumnae(i), donors, parents, administrators and faculty of the school.
- Solid experience and knowledge working with school database management software (Blackbaud, Infosnap, Raisers Edge preferred).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Proven organization and management skills.
- A collaborative leadership style.
- Capable of building ‘team’ morale and a shared vision.
- Adept at conflict resolution.
- Good listening skills.
- A strong work ethic.
- A sense of humor.
Essential Job Duties:
- Develop and implement overall fundraising plan to meet budgeted operational goals to be presented to President and Associate Head for Finance and Operations in the first month of each new fiscal year.
- Meet regularly with the President to identify, cultivate, solicit, and facilitate stewardship of major gift prospects. This includes setting up opportunities for personal visits and written/oral communications for the Director of Development, President and appropriate Trustees.
- Ensure prompt and heartfelt donor recognition.
- In conjunction with the Associate Head of Finance and Operations, prepares and provides weekly and/or monthly data reports to the President and in preparation for Board of Trustees required reporting.
- Work closely with the Principals, Senior Director of Enrollment Management, Mission Directors and other appropriate staff on all school marketing and fundraising initiatives as well as student driven fundraising activities. (Fall Festival, Legacy Fund Events, Homecoming, Grandfriends events, Senior Projects, etc.)
- Work in collaboration with the Senior Director of Enrollment Management and Alumnae Coordinator to appropriately cultivate and manage prospective families and students who have a Sion Legacy/alumnae connection
- In partnership with School Principals supervise/provide staffing and administrative support for all parent organizations; Sion Alliance, Mothers-Fathers Clubs, Athletic and Fine Arts Boosters.
- Work with President, BOT Chair and the BOT Advancement sub-committee Chair to develop, plan, and lead implementation of all Capital Campaign Initiatives.
- Coordinate and manage production and delivery of digitalized annual donor report.
- Supervise Advancement staff serving both schools.
- Manage all advancement office procedures and processes for appropriate data collection for fundraising records and donor relations information and ensures cash receipts journal and credit card journal process is managed in a timely fashion (including RE data entry and thankyou letters).
- Provides opportunities for advancement team to participate in annual self-evaluation process regarding individual and team performance and provides feedback/coaching to ensure plans are achieved.
- Support staff in development and growth of professional development and career goals.
- Responsible for the management of the Annual Fund including;
- Create and implement strategy to meet Annual Fund Drive financial goals
- Collaborate with President and appropriate Communications staff to develop print/email marketing materials.
- Cultivate relationships and take primary lead for major gift solicitation to support growth of Annual Fund goals
- Research prospective donors, develop individual cultivation plans and work with President on donor cultivation.
- Recruit and oversee current parent and alumnae/i volunteer leadership for Annual Fund Campaign
- Work in partnership with Alumni Affairs Coordinator to meet annual fund goals for Alumnae donors
- Staff liaison to the Advancement Committee of the Board of Trustees
- Supervise and mentor Gala Coordinator to meet following objectives;
- Create and implement strategy to meet annual Gala Auction financial goals
- Successful solicitation of community sponsorships
- Successful solicitation of table hosts/organizers
- Recruit parent volunteer leaders and committee members
- Work with additional Advancement team members to successfully meet all fundraising goals for Car Raffle and other fundraising activities and events related to annual Gala Auction
- Coordinate any other special project fundraising as needed.
- Serve on the Senior Administrative team, participating in the overall life and leadership of the school and meets regularly with the President
- Serve on the HOS Senior Strategy Team along with School Principals, Associate Head of Finance and Operations and the Senior Director of Enrollment Management.
- Is knowledgeable and able to articulate advances and trends in fundraising and advancement best practices in independent schools both regionally and nationally and regularly participates in a variety of professional development opportunities.
- Provide a compassionate and thoughtful environment in which the community can learn and be a part of adhering to and living the mission.
- Perform other duties as assigned by President
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Work in school environment dealing with a wide variety of opportunities, challenges and mission directives
- Occasionally bend, stoop, and squat
- May work at a desk and computer for extended periods of time
- Be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
- Work primarily in a traditional climate controlled environment
- Work intermittently in outside weather conditions, including extreme heat and cold
Notre Dame de Sion Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion (see Notre Dame de Sion Schools Statement on Diversity). We encourage all qualified candidates who aim to support our mission and actively participate in our diverse and inclusive community to apply.
The above description covers the most significant duties performed, but does not exclude assignments not mentioned.
Please submit the following documents for consideration: cover letter, curriculum vitae or resume, statement of educational philosophy and list of references to Gina Moffitt, Director of Human Resources.