Director of DevelopmentCompany: Wonderscope Children's Museum of KC
Date Posted: January 2, 2018
Wonderscope launched a capital campaign in 2017 to build a new world-class children's museum. As Wonderscope prepares to celebrate 30 years and the opening of the new museum it seeks a development leader to join a passionate and committed team.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement an annual fundraising plan to support the mission of the organization.
- Expand the organization’s funder base to grow programs and operational support.
- Research, cultivate and solicit new donor prospects; foundations, corporations and individuals.
- Serve as lead grant manager and writer, including identifying prospects, writing, editing and submitting grants in a timely manner to secure support.
- Ensure timely and appropriate donor recognition.
- Develop, cultivate and maintain strong positive relationship with major donors.
- Serve as liaison to the Board Development Committee.
- Work with Development Committee Chair and Executive Director to prepare agenda and monthly reports for committee.
- Work with Development Committee Chair and Executive Director to engage board in fundraising and soliciting of support.
- Serve as lead to fundraising auxiliary and work to expand its capacity and its role in the organization.
- Lead the planning and execution of annual fundraising event.
- Work directly with Director of Communications to ensure the development of timely and accurate collateral and website copy, digital media, invitations and annual report.
- Serve as a key member of the management team at Wonderscope.
- Increase visibility of the organization to funders with outreach and communication and serve as a representative of the organization when needed for networking, speaking engagements etc.
- Positive and dynamic personality with a passion for children and education.
- Exceptional interpersonal, leadership and organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of local and regional philanthropic community.
- Ability to be creative, outward focused, adventurous.
- Experience researching and writing grants.
- Experience working with committees and auxiliaries.
- Bachelor’s degree with up to 5 years development experience.
- Willingness to step in and do all that is required for the success of the organization.
To learn more about Wonderscope visit our website: www.wonderscope.org
To apply - please submit a letter of interest, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.