Director of Annual GivingCompany: University of Central Missouri
Date Posted: December 20, 2017
The University of Central Missouri is building and expanding our philanthropic development and alumni relations programs. This is an exciting time to join our University Advancement team. We are seeking to hire individuals who want to work for our University and are passionate about:
- The vital impact higher education has on the economy and quality of life.
- The importance of ensuring that all people have access to affordable public higher education.
- The power of philanthropy, building long-term relationships and friendships with donors, asking for gifts, and helping people and companies support UCM by giving to student scholarships, programs, and initiatives they especially care about.
- The continued advancement of the University of Central Missouri, and our reputation for academic excellence and preparing students for fulfilling and productive lives and careers.
The Office of University Advancement, working with the UCM Alumni Foundation Board of Directors, builds relationships with individuals and organizations, secures and distributes philanthropic support, implements a comprehensive alumni program, and promotes volunteerism to help advance UCM. The value of endowment funds managed and invested by the UCM Alumni Foundation has grown to over $40 million and all assets total over $55 million.
UCM serves nearly 13,000 students in Warrensburg and recently helped develop the Missouri Innovation Campus in Lee’s Summit. Over 50% of UCM’s 100,000 alumni live in the Kansas City area and west-central Missouri. UCM’s other alumni live throughout Missouri, the United States, and around the world. Founded in 1871, UCM will celebrate its 150th anniversary in 2021. Here is a link to UCM’s website: https://www.ucmo.edu/.
Primary responsibilities of the Director of Annual Giving include:
- Strategically plan and implement effective charitable giving solicitations in support of the UCM Annual Fund targeted to alumni, community friends and businesses, UCM suppliers and contractors, parents of current students and alumni, and faculty and staff.
- Meet fundraising financial and productivity goals.
- Visit donors and prospects to personally cultivate and solicit leadership annual gifts.
- Promote the President’s Society leadership annual giving program. Publish donor names by giving level in the UCM Alumni Foundation Annual Report Honor Roll of Donors.
- Recruit, train, and utilize volunteers to help cultivate and solicit individuals and businesses for annual gift support of the University.
- Plan and conduct telephone campaigns to ask for pledges from alumni and other friends of the University.
- Plan, write, and send personalized letters, direct-mail appeals, and e-solicitations to target groups of alumni and other friends of UCM.
- Creatively utilize social media and other e-communications to promote giving in support of UCM.
- Promote online giving. Develop inspiring and informative content about the importance of giving on the Alumni Foundation website.
- Maximize local support of the UCM Annual Fund via community fund drive personal gift solicitations. Build public awareness of the Annual Fund via local radio PSAs and other media strategies.
- Solicit unrestricted gifts to be used where the needs are greatest at UCM. In addition, enable donors to designate their gifts for their favorite University program, scholarship, etc.
- Promote matching gift opportunities and use challenge gifts to increase donor participation and gift amounts.
- Update the Raiser’s Edge computer records system with contact reports, gift solicitations/proposals, donor contact and career information, etc.
- Be a collaborative member of the University Advancement team.
How to Apply
Applicants must have earned a bachelor’s degree and at least five years of successful work experience in full-time positions.
Preferred: At least three years of successful experience in development/fundraising, sales, public relations, communications, etc.
To apply for the Director of Annual Giving position, go to the UCM Office of Human Resources webpage https://jobs.ucmo.edu/postings/17603 and then click “Apply for this Job.”
Applicants must submit: (1) a cover letter communicating their interest in the position and their talents, qualifications, and experience; (2) resume; (3) names and contact information of three references.
UCM application for employment required. Incomplete applications WILL NOT be considered. A background check is required for the selected candidate of each position and any job offer is contingent on the results of this check.
Apply as soon as possible. This position is open until filled.