Prospect Research AnalystCompany: UMKC Foundation
Date Posted: December 12, 2017
- Provide in-depth research and analysis of individual, corporate and foundation donors and prospects using a variety of sources, tools and techniques.
- Prepare written profiles, ratings, and qualified lists as necessary to support the strategic fundraising efforts of the Foundation. Act as a strategic partner and pro-actively provide data-informed recommendations regarding next steps to development officers.
- Track research findings in CRM system and assist with organization-wide efforts to acquire and maintain institutional data according to best practices in data management.
- Provide exceptional customer service to a variety of internal and external partners; work collaboratively with clients to determine (and at times negotiate) the feasibility and scope of research requests and special projects.
Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of two years’ employment in the non-profit or higher education sector.
Prospect research experience is preferred; however, demonstrated proficiency in a related field such as history, library science, legal research or genealogy may also be considered.
Demonstrated knowledge/proficiency in the following areas desired:
- Demonstrated ability in research techniques such as prospect identification, data mining, and relationship mapping.
- Familiarity with push technology resources and electronic screening tools.
- Ability to read and interpret business, government & legal documents (IRS Form 990, SEC filings, property assessments, etc.).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to analyze, interpret, synthesize and present complex information effectively.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines and adapt to shifting priorities.
- Solid experience with fundraising databases (Ellucian Advance a plus), reporting and visualization tools (e.g. Cognos, Tableau), and online information and screening services such as Lexis Nexis, Sorkins, FoundationSearch, ResearchPoint, etc.
- General awareness of best practices in database management.
- High-level proficiency in using Microsoft Office suite, with particular emphasis on Excel.
- Professionalism and discretion in handling confidential donor and prospect information.
- Personal commitment to professional development and growth.
Supervision: This position reports to the Director of Prospect Research & Management.
Submit cover letter, resume and three professional references to:UMKC Foundation5115 Oak St., AC 202Kansas City, MO email@example.com
Position will remain open until filled.