Director of Annual GivingCompany: Saint Luke's Foundation
Date Posted: November 3, 2017
About Saint Luke's Foundation:
Founded in 1963, Saint Luke's Foundation's purpose is to serve the philanthropic interests of hosptials and facilities within the Saint Luke's Health System, including securing charitable funds for medical and nursing education, reserach, community services, and excellence in patient care. Today, the Foundation provides support for six hospital campuses and other health system programs throughout the Kansas City metro area.
The Director of Annual Giving is responsible for planning and implementing a comprehensive multi-faceted annual giving program that includes personal solicitation of prospects, donors, direct mail, phone-a-thons and online solicitation strategies. The director is responsible for building a program that generates unrestricted and budget-relieving revenue for the foundation and health system by setting strategically aligned revenue and participation goals.
- Collaborates with the COO to develop annual goals and objectives
- Develops and manages solicitation strategies for all donor constituencies including patients and families, friends, volunteers, physicians and health system staff
- Writes and/or directs the development of printed materials used to promote and solicit Annual Fund contributions, including soliciation letters, brochures, email correspondence and response devices
- Plans, implements and manages all components of the Annual Fund
- Manges direct mail, e-solicitations and personalized mail solicitations
- Strategize and eventually develop an employee giving campaign among health system employees
- Supervises the design and production of solicitations and supporting materials. Evaluate the quality, value and efficiency of all mailing house, design, and prnt vendors.
- Creates and manages strategies to acquire new donors, renew LYBUNTS and recapture SYBUNTS
- Oversee and manage giving pages on Foundation website
- Evaluates and analyzes progress toward Annual Fund goals with regular and timely reporting
- Develops and manages social media plan to receive gifts through credit cards and automatic bank drafts
- Ensures the timely and consistant production of weekly and year-to-date reprots
- Works with support services team to maintain and update donor records
- Prepares and manages the Annual Fund budget
- Maintain current knowledge of philanthropic and annual giving trends
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive and/or privileged information by assuring security and appropriateness of both verbal and written communications
- Adheres to and supports the mission, vision, and core values of Saint Luke's Foundation
- Attends meetings as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree (B.A/B.S.), with 3-5 years of comparable experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Prefer candidates with experience in creative and persuasive writing
- Comfortable, professional, patient, and effective in dealing with all stakeholders
- Excellent organziational and analytical skills
- Exhibits self-motiviation with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects with changing priorities
- Proficient and independent in MS Office Products, especially Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point; and experice with fund raising databases, preferably The Raisers Edge
- Hands-on approach to assure successful completion of tasks
- Demonstrates excellent organizational and planning skills with ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently
- Learns the functions and organization of the Foundation
- Understand and follows oral and written instructions
- Must be able to work with frequent interruptions, able to prioritzie and meet deadlines
- Able to exercise strict confidentiality relations in all matters
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- The ability to work occasional evening and weekend hours
Physical, Environmental, and Mental Requirements:
This position typically performs work within a normal office environment. The employee should be able to use standard office technology including but not limited to computer, phone, copy/scanners, and file drawers. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Please send resume and cover letter in word or pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.