Director of Major GiftsCompany: Avila University
Date Posted: June 8, 2017
Position: Director of Major Gifts
Department: University Advancement
Reports to: Senior Director of Development - Major Gifts
Full-time, Salaried position
The Director of Major Gifts is responsible for identifying, cultivating, and securing support from alumni and friends of the University in the form of cash, pledges, and estate/planned gifts. In order to accomplish Avila’s mission, strategic plan and campus master plan, this position will develop and grow a robust portfolio of prospects at the $10,000+ level. In addition, in coordination with leadership, the Director of Major Gifts will be responsible for growing a robust estate/planned giving program at Avila University. The ideal candidate will be comfortable raising $1 million+ per year.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
- Grow and manage a portfolio of 200+ prospects and donors with the capacity and affinity to give $10,000+
- In coordination with department and institutional leadership, identify, develop, propose and implement strategies for cultivation, solicitation and stewardship
- Meet benchmarks for number of solicitations, face-to-face visits and dollars raised; record all interactions with donors in Raiser’s Edge
- Build relationships and work collaboratively with Avila faculty, staff, and leadership, including the Board of Trustees, Board of Counselors and Alumni Board to accomplish the major and planned giving strategy
- Expand and execute, in partnership with the Advancement team, a comprehensive planned giving plan
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing other assignments and special tasks as requested
Education: Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree and CFRE certification preferred.
Experience: Minimum three to five years proven experience in securing major and planned gifts and meeting fundraising goals
Skills: Must have strong interpersonal skills; pay close attention to detail; manage complex tasks and meet deadlines; and have the ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team. Must be self-motivated and disciplined to achieve goals.
Other: Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends as needed; proficiency with Raiser’s Edge as well as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint a plus. Ability to complete your own administrative tasks. Some travel required.
Transcript Request/Background Checks/Driving Record
Background check may be required.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the department.