Development OfficerCompany: WICHITA STATE UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION
Date Posted: May 26, 2017
The Wichita State University Foundation seeks to fill the Development Officer position with a qualified candidate with one to three years’ experience in professional fundraising. The Development Officer, located in Kansas City, will be responsible for securing outright, midlevel gifts of $1,000-$34,999 and planned gifts. This position will also make qualification contacts with major gift prospects (gifts of $35,000 and higher). This position reports directly to the Vice President and will work in collaboration with the college-based Directors of Development of the WSU Foundation.
The WSU Foundation is a multifaceted fundraising operation with some 45 staff dedicated to supporting the people, places and programs of Wichita State University. The Foundation has a goal of raising $40 million in FY17. As we complete year 4 of the 7-year Shock the World comprehensive campaign, we have raised more than $170 million toward the $250 million goal. This position will be key in communicating compelling funding opportunities to the 4,600 alumni who live in the Kansas City-area.
The candidate will exemplify the Foundation’s core values of Integrity, Service, Teamwork and Relationships and represent WSU Foundation and Wichita State University in a professional manner reflecting a positive image with all constituencies.
- One to three years’ direct solicitation experience in person or over the phone.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution.
- Knowledge of development/fundraising concepts and appropriate solicitation techniques.
- The commitment to maintain confidentiality of information, records and materials.
- Self-motivated to set, attain and surpass goals, with minimal supervision.
- Regular travel in the Kansas City metropolitan area and monthly travel to Wichita for meetings with occasional weekend and evening work.
The starting annual salary range for this position is: $60,000-$65,000. The Wichita State University Foundation also offers amazing benefits such as: Medical/Dental coverage (100% premium paid for employees/50% for dependents), vision, term life insurance, tuition reimbursement program, 8.5% company matching on retirement accounts after one year and more.
Please fill out an application, submit a resume and cover letter explaining your interests in, and qualifications for the position by clicking here.
Application deadline June 23, 2017 or until filled
WSU Foundation is an EOE employer