Donor Relations Directors / Major Gifts OfficersCompany: The Salvation Army - Kansas Western Missouri Division
Date Posted: May 24, 2017
KEES has been exclusively retained by The Salvation Army – Kansas Western Missouri Division, in its search for two newly created roles for Donor Relations Directors – one for Individuals and the other for Corporations and Foundations. The Kansas and Western Missouri Division is one of 10 divisions in the Central USA Territory, one of The Salvation Army’s four U.S. geographical service areas. The Division headquarters are located in Kansas City, MO. The Corporations and Foundations position will report to the Kansas City Office; the Individuals position will report to either the Kansas City Office or the Wichita office.
The Salvation Army seeks two compassionate, dynamic and entrepreneurial fundraising professionals who possess significant major gifts experience in either the corporate and foundation or individual giving areas in a highly productive and progressive development and communications program within the nonprofit sector. Preference will be given to those who have served in a faith-based organization and who possess a strong working knowledge of the Kansas City or Wichita philanthropic community.
The Donor Relations Director/Major Gifts Officer (DRD/MGO) will identify, qualify, be assigned, cultivate, solicit, and steward major gift donors and prospects, acting as the primary contact between the Army and her/his assigned caseload. The emphasis will be on securing gifts of $5,000 and higher. Goals will be determined based on caseload structure and location.
This position offers a competitive benefits package.
The Salvation Army is committed to offering equal employment opportunity to all applicants and to all employees without regard to race, color, gender, religion, age, national or ethnic origin, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, political affiliation, genetic predisposition and/or any other lawfully protected classification or occupationally irrelevant criteria. Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Please note: There are currently additional Salvation Army openings in other Territories. Please check the KEES website for details.
Specific Requirements Include:
- Passion for The Salvation Army’s mission coupled with a strong commitment to know and understand the Army’s history, mission and structure, as well as its services, policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree; advanced degree and/or CFRE credential preferred.
- Minimum of five years of experience in a nonprofit fundraising role.
- A strong working knowledge of strategy development and moves management systems in the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship processes.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and maintaining positive relationships with diverse individuals and corporations including executives, high-level volunteers, wealthy donors, and internal stakeholders and leadership.
- Great comfort level with direct donor interaction is a must, including discussions of personal and family finances and asking for major financial commitments.
- Team player, able to check ego at the door, with a capacity to collaborate effectively with officers, staff and volunteers for successful achievement of position and department goals.
- Communications and management style that exhibits the principles and culture of the Army, as well as fosters team relationships and effectively communicates information.
- Willingness and ability to travel on a regular basis. Valid Driver’s License required. Area residence is important.
- Ability to work remotely – on the road, from home and/or at various Army locations. It is anticipated that 80% of the donors are local to a position or within a 50-mile radius, but some travel related to donor management and/or organizational training is required.
- Drive to make a difference, goal-oriented with a proven ability to achieve or exceed goals and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, hands-on experience with donor management software, and savvy in the maintenance of current contact and activity tracking reports, with adherence to the Army’s database protocols.
To apply, candidates should submit their cover letter and resume and complete the online application at https://alfordexecutivesearch.applicantstack.com/x/openings.
To assure confidential tracking of all applicants, no applications will be accepted via email. ALL INQUIRIES WILL BE HELD IN STRICT CONFIDENCE.
This search is being managed by Sue Bultman, Consultant of Kistner Eddy Executive Services (KEES), in counsel with Heather Eddy, President and CEO. Questions may be addressed to email@example.com.
KEES is a retained search firm that builds transformative teams and leaders in the nonprofit and public sectors.
More about the Army’s Kansas and Western Missouri Division The Kansas and Western Missouri Division oversees 50 Salvation Army officers, employs 450 staff, and more than 14,000 volunteers throughout Kansas and Northwestern Missouri. It is blessed with donors who invest in its work each year. Funding for programs is generated by those who contribute generously through the support of special events such as the Civic Lunch and Radiothon, as well as the planned giving program and legacy program, the Light Brigade.
The Salvation Army – Central USA Territory Comprised of 10 Divisions and serving communities in Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, and South Dakota, Territorial Headquarters (THQ) is situated in Hoffman Estates, Illinois, 35 miles west of Chicago.