Director of AdvancementCompany: FarmHouse Foundation
Date Posted: January 11, 2017
The FarmHouse Foundation, the educational foundation and fundraising arm of FarmHouse International Fraternity, is seeking a highly motivated, donor-centric, goal-driven fundraising professional to serve as the Director of Advancement. This individual is a vital team member in furthering the Foundation’s mission and purpose.
The FarmHouse Foundation is a 501(c)3 public educational foundation supporting the educational and leadership programs of the Fraternity as well as providing scholarships to individual members for academic achievement. FarmHouse International Fraternity is a men’s international agriculturally-related fraternity founded in 1905 that seeks to build men intellectually, spiritually, socially, morally and physically. FarmHouse is located on 35 campuses throughout the United States and Canada, with over 1,750 undergraduates and 28,000 living alumni.
The Director of Advancement is a full-time position responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship and recognition of current and future donors in an effort to advance the Foundation’s mission, vision, fundraising initiatives and funding priorities. Willingness to travel is required, approximately thirty percent (30%) of the time including periodic evenings and weekends.
This person will create meaningful opportunities for engaging donors and has a significant effect on the Foundation’s ability to cultivate, retain and steward donors. This in turn, affects giving that enables the FarmHouse Foundation to provide critical financial support to FarmHouse International Fraternity in the pursuit of “Building the Leaders of Tomorrow.”
This position will report to the Executive Director/CEO of the FarmHouse Foundation and in this capacity, it will be this person’s responsibility to:
- Build relationships with current and future donors for the betterment of FarmHouse Fraternity and effectively present the case for philanthropic support and giving opportunities.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director/CEO, Staff and Foundation Trustees to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward appropriately annual, restricted, leadership, major gifts and estate gifts for the Foundation.
- Develop and implement strategy for donor prospects, including ways to increase involvement of donors, alumni volunteers and prospects in the activities of the Fraternity and Foundation. Utilize both current and planned gift opportunities to best meet donors’ desires, interests and financial capabilities.
- Plan trips and call donors to set appointments for in-person personal visits.
- Follow up with correspondence, phone calls and additional visits as appropriate.
- Assist with fundraising for chapter housing campaigns through the Foundation.
- Execute and support fundraising events and alumni receptions.
- Assist with and attend Foundation board meetings.
- Represent the Foundation to internal and external audiences during work-related travel and events, professional development conferences and interfraternal events.
- Maintain the Foundation’s reputation for integrity, responsibility, caring and prudent management of donor gifts and engagement.
- Work as a member of the FarmHouse International team and when needed support team members and alumni volunteers.
- Sustain professional expertise through continuing education
- Complete assignments and responsibilities as needed/delegated by the Executive Director, in support of the Foundation.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently, at approximately thirty percent (30%) of the time, including night and weekend commitments.
- Embodiment of the values and ideals of FarmHouse.
- Membership in FarmHouse Fraternity preferred; membership in another fraternity or sorority organization is desirable, but not required.
- Good driving record, background check on driving record required as part of employment application/consideration.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in cultivating, soliciting and stewarding donors.
- Relevant experience in the related fields of marketing, sales, public relations, alumni affairs, higher education and/or volunteer management is a plus.
- Proven leadership experience (professional and volunteer).
- Must possess strong organizational and communication skills with the ability to take initiative, anticipate needs and work independently.
- Computer literacy and a strong proficiency with Microsoft Office software suite.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and a variety of demands with accuracy and thoroughness.
- Have excellent people skills with the ability to communicate in a personable and professional manner in person as well as in spoken and written communications.
- Be able to generate creative solutions for engaging donors to advance the FarmHouse Foundation’s efforts to maintain and strengthen high-quality individual relationships with donors.
- Commitment to maintain confidentiality and a high degree of accuracy in constituent records.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others and promote a positive working environment, spirit of cooperation and positive reactions to change.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive nonprofit salary, commensurate with experience.
- Health insurance coverage for employee (90% premium paid by employer) with $1,500 annual supplemental medical reimbursement plan for health-related costs.
- Eligibility for employer match of up to six percent (6%) into an individual SEP-IRA, after one-year of full-time employment.
- Paid vacation, personal and sick time off and 11 paid observed holidays.
- Annual performance bonus opportunity.
- Positive, collaborative office environment where professional development is supported.
- Relocation is desirable, but not required. Will be determined based on candidate’s current location and ability to work remotely.
- Mileage reimbursement for out of town work-related travel when using personal vehicle.
- Expense coverage of meals and lodging when traveling on Foundation-related business, through corporate credit card use, and;
- All airline miles and hotel points accumulated are kept by employee.
To apply for the position of Director of Advancement, please submit the following:
- Cover letter stating interest and highlighting specific professional and volunteer experiences applicable to the position as well as salary expectations.
- Resume highlighting relevant professional experiences and specific leadership skills, responsibilities and achievements.
- Names and contact information of no more than three references to speak to the applicant’s professional skills and abilities.
Please send cover letter, resume and references electronically or by mail by JANUARY 31 to:
Allison Rickels, CFRE
The FarmHouse Foundation
7306 NW Tiffany Springs Parkway, Suite 310
Kansas City, MO 64153
A desired start date is March 1, 2017.
More information about FarmHouse Foundation and FarmHouse Fraternity is available online at www.farmhouse.org/foundation as well as on Facebook, on Instagram and Twitter.