DEVELOPMENT OFFICERCompany: Unity World Headquarters at Unity Village
Date Posted: January 5, 2017
Position Summary: Responsible for cultivating and stewarding relationships with major and prospective donors in a national multi-state territory. Manage and grow both major and planned gift revenue from targeted donor segments, including prospective, current and lapsed donors. Continually communicate with donors and match the donors’ philanthropic desires with the needs of the organization.
Essential Job Functions:
- Initiate contact with donors and potential donors, and cultivate long-term relationships with them on behalf of the organization.
- Have a keen understanding of the development process to stay appropriately engaged with prospective, current and lapsed donors. Use a variety of communication methods.
- At suitable time, plan and implement solicitation activities with donors to secure annual major gifts ($1000 - $100,000) and planned gifts.
- Conduct stewardship activities with current donors to move them to higher levels of giving.
- Plan and organize development activities and travel. Provide summary reports and recommend next steps upon completion of travel.
- Achieve a thorough understanding of the donor management database and ensure that the appropriate information is updated regularly.
- In conjunction with development director, establish and implement plans to reach annual and planned gift revenue goals.
- Regular Attendance.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures including all safety guidelines.
- Utilize electronic time management system to input time and attendance.
Non-Essential Job Functions:
- When budget permits, attend seminars to upgrade skills and present training classes and seminars on major gifts and planned giving topics.
Education: Minimum bachelor’s degree emphasizing non-profit management, business administration, finance or equivalent field of study.
- Minimum five years related work experience in the development/fundraising field required.
- Grant writing, planned giving and capital campaign experience, preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and listening skills.
- Excellent oral presentation skills.
- Flexibility concerning work hours and schedules (Occasional evenings and weekends.)
- Extensive (30-50%) national travel required.
Computer Skills: Minimum intermediate end user with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook. Former database/donor management software experience, preferred.
Certificates & Licenses: Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE), a plus.
Preferred Prerequisites: Knowledge of Unity principles, a plus. Commitment to ideas and principles of Unity, preferred
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Kaci Moran-Pose at Moran-PoseKR@unityonline.org.