Development AssistantCompany: Kansas City Ballet
Date Posted: February 13, 2018
This position provides comprehensive administrative and project management support to the Directors of Individual Giving and Corporate Relations by managing a wide range of projects and tasks, as assigned. This position is full-time, non-exempt. Open until filled.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Comprehensive administrative support for the Directors of Corporate Relations and Individual Giving to include: phones; fax; filing; mailings; database management; correspondence; setting meetings; staffing functions, liaison with other departments, events and performances; calendar management; expense management; etc.
- Assistance to the special events manager in support of individual and corporate events.
- Assist in the logistics and administration of cultivation and stewardship activities.
- Assist the Directors of Individual Giving and Corporate Relations in securing meetings, appointments, presentations, etc. with prospects and donors in their assigned portfolio.
- Insure all needed materials are prepared for directors’ meetings, appointments, presentations, etc.
- Manage databases, files, calendars, scheduling, reports, correspondence, solicitation plan and tracking in Tessitura.
- Manage corporate benefits fulfillment, including print listings, requesting tickets and making social invitations.
- Prepare major gift donor acknowledgements, confirmations, and invoices.
- Respond to and research donor inquiries regarding billings, payments, and listings.
- Support committee work as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS : 2+ years experience as an Executive Assistant or working for a not-for-profit preferred. Bachelor’s degree desireable. Excellent writing and editing skills. Computer proficiency required. Experience with fundraising database software (prefer work in Tessitura) and PowerPoint and Excel proficiency. Superior people-skills required. Experience in fund development a plus, as is a passion for the arts, especially dance.
SPECIAL JOB CHARACTERISTICS: The ability to achieve in a fast-paced, demanding environment, where attention to detail and being organized are paramount.
REASONING ABILITY Candidate must demonstrate superb judgment and absolute discretion. A quality orientation is critical as is flexibility and the ability to balance competing priorities against critical deadlines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Bending, stooping, sitting, and sometimes lifting up to 20lbs. Irregular working hours, some evening and weekend work is required.
Please direct inquiries and forward a cover letter and resume to: Patty Bowen, Kansas City Ballet, 500 West Pershing Road, Kansas City, MO 64108 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kansas City Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates for employment are considered without regard to race, color, sex, creed, religion, national origin, sexual preference, age, non-job-related disability or marital status.