Development Manager: Prospect and Calls Management SpecialistCompany: Kansas City Ballet
Date Posted: February 13, 2018
This position will provide comprehensive administrative and project management support to the Chief Development Officer, and in the area of major gifts, manage the prospect and calls management process. This is an exempt position. Accepting applications through Feb. 28, 2018.
Please forward a cover letter and resume to: Jennifer Wampler, CFRE, Kansas City Ballet, 500 West Pershing Road, Kansas City, MO 64108, firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUMMARY: To provide comprehensive administrative and project management support to the Chief Development Officer and in the area of major gifts manage the prospect and calls management process. This is an exempt position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Using a wealth indicator electronic screening system such as Wealth Engine, screen all new-to-file KCB customers 3 to 4 times a year. Segment that file by Major gift, Patron or Friends prospects and assisgn prospect ownership to the relevant development manager.
- Co-ordinate all requested reactive prospect research with the contracted research specialist.
- Monitor and police the Call Report and Tessitura Next Action Plans compliance of the development officers participating in the major gift, legacy gifts and endowment campaigns. Report all compliance issues to the CDO.
- Prepare reports on the value of the prospect pipeline, indivual calls officers plan summaries, campaign progress, and other reports as requested regarding the management of prospects and donors.
- Assist the outside calls professionals (CDO and Director of Major Gift Officer) in securing meetings, appointments, presentations etc. with prospects and donors in their assigned portfolio.
- Insure all needed materials are prepared for call officer meetings, appointments, presentations, etc.
- Calls monitoring: monitor all outside calls performed by outside calls officers through the monitoring of Call Reports following each outside call. Report to the CDO weekly the number and quality of Plans executed in the previous week by calls officers.
- Manage databases, files, calendars, scheduling, reports, correspondence, solicitation plan and tracking in Tessitura; frequently assigned special projects and tasks; etc.
- Manage major gifts (individual and foundation) benefits fulfillment, including print listings and social invitations.
- Draft a variety of documents, including: reports; invitations; presentations; summaries; schedules; spreadsheets; etc.
- Other duties in support of the Chief Development Officer and Director of Major Gifts as assigned.
- Prepare major gift and endowment donor agreements, acknowledgements, pledge confirmations, and invoices; reconciliation of major gift donor records and of Tessitura to GL.
- Respond to and research donor inquiries regarding billings, payments, and listings.
- Support committee work as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS : Bachelor’s degree preferred. Five years experience in support of a development or sales office. Good written, verbal, organizational and interpersonal skills required. Computer proficiency necessary. Superior people-skills required. Ability to secure appointments and interact with high-powered donors and prospects. Experience with fundraising database software (prefer work in Tessitura) and PowerPoint and Excel proficiency. A passion for the arts, especially dance, is a plus.
SPECIAL JOB CHARACTERISTICS: The ability to achieve and deliver in a fast-paced, demanding environment, where attention to detail is paramount.
REASONING ABILITY Candidate must demonstrate superb judgment and absolute discretion. A quality orientation is critical as is flexibility and the ability to balance competing priorities against critical deadlines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Bending, stooping, sitting, and sometimes lifting up to 20lbs. Irregular working hours, some evening and weekend work is required.
Kansas City Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates for employment are considered without regard to race, color, sex, creed, religion, national origin, sexual preference, age, non-job-related disability or marital status.