Funds Development ManagerCompany: Northeast Community Center
Date Posted: January 23, 2018
Northeast Community Center has been serving the low- income neighborhood of Northeast Kansas City for 80 years with educational, cultural and social programs for families. In 2015 it launched an after-school intensive music education program called Harmony Project KC. Over 140 diverse students from 20 schools come to the campus to engage in free instrumental music classes and performances. It is a free program, using the power of music to keep children in school and help bridge the academic achievement gap. The children are followed from first grade through high school and assisted with college scholarships. Our music educators are highly qualified and dedicated. Diligent fundraising is essential. It is a research-based program that changes the fabric of the lives of some of the most vulnerable children in Kansas City.
Reports To : Executive Director
Full time, exempt, 40 hours/week including some evenings and Saturday mornings.
This position is responsible for working with the Executive Director, Board of Directors and Development Committee for researching, planning and coordinating all aspects of fund development and public relations for Northeast Community Center and its flagship program, Harmony Project KC. Will provide leadership on all fundraising initiatives including special events, major gifts, planned giving, sponsorships, donor cultivation and grant writing.
• B.A/B.S. preferred with an emphasis or concentration in business, marketing, public relations or related field
• Four to five years professional development and fund raising experience
• Experience and contacts in Kansas City a plus
• Advanced PC skills and expert proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite ( Donor database experience desirable, Salesforce)
• desire to work as part of a team and willingness to promote the principles and views of NECC and HPKC
• Self-motivated, able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to inspire, train, motivate, challenge and supervise volunteers
• Confident public speaking and able to express ideas verbally and in writing
Submit cover letter with salary requirements and resume to email@example.com - Laura Shultz, Executive Director Northeast Community Center/Harmony Project KC.