Planned Giving OfficerCompany: Kansas Children’s Service League
Date Posted: January 17, 2018
This position exists to build and cultivate relationships with donors that lead to new gifts and commitments supporting the Kansas Children’s Service League (KCSL) Foundation and KCSL services and operations primarily through a planned giving program. The work location for this position is in Kansas with the actual city to be determined based on the successful candidate.
Donor Cultivation, Gift Solicitation
and Stewardship Responsibilities 70%
Develop and implement strategies to identify, research, cultivate, solicit, and acknowledge qualified prospects for planned gifts in collaboration with the CEO and the KCSL Fund Development staff.
- Build and maintain a portfolio of approximately 125 planned giving prospects.
- Respond to inquiries and meet with prospects and their advisors, individually or in group settings. Be knowledgeable and enthusiastically speak on behalf of KCSL in public meetings.
- Participate with KCSL’s Fund Development staff to integrate major gift programs with the planned giving program goals and objectives. Demonstrate a breadth of knowledge regarding the KCSL mission and programs.
- Coordinate and assist KCSL’s Fund Development staff in identifying planned gift prospects, offering planned giving solutions, and in developing and presenting planned giving proposals.
- Plan and lead a series of donor and prospect-focused events, including donor recognition events.
- Cultivate relationships and share materials with attorneys, trust officers, accountants, financial planners, and other estate planning professionals regarding gift opportunities for clients. Be responsive to professional requests for information.
- Ensure timely gift acknowledgement in accordance with organizational policy and specific donor expectations.
- Help to facilitate the conclusion of planned giving agreements by assisting donors and their advisors, subject to compliance of the KCSL Board Approved Gift Acceptance Policy.
- Lend assistance as appropriate to KCSL fund raising events and community meetings.
Planned Giving Management 25%
- Attend KCSL Foundation Fund Development Committee Meetings and KCSL Management Team Meetings. Provide presentations on activities and outcomes as requested by the CEO.
- Seek knowledge and understanding of KCSL’s programs, services, and community impact.
- Manages expenses within the KCSL Foundation and KCSL approved budgets.
- Provide the Director of Fund Development and CFO with an annual budget identifying anticipated expenses related to planned giving program activities.
- Stay current with recording and maintaining accurate and timely donor and gift records utilizing the organization’s fund development database within subscribed procedures.
- Participate in strategic planning activities of the organization.
NONESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
OTHER DUTIES 5%
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the CEO.
- Coordinate with supervisor and implement a training plan. This plan should encompass the training required of all staff and applicable specialized training on planned giving for this position.
PHYSICAL and OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Work Environment Office
Travel Statewide travel should be anticipated on a routine basis. Some overnight travel.
Lifting 25 Pounds
Other Reliable transportation; current auto Insurance; valid driver’s license; able to pass
all KCSL background checks.
Scope This position has no direct or indirect supervisory duties or direct budget
Major Systems Microsoft Office including WORD, EXCEL, and Powerpoint. Raiser’s Edge
Software; Google Docs, and Crescendo Interactive Software
Working Hours Generally Mon-Fri 8am to 5pm with flexibility to meet the needs and schedules of
prospects and donors.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in public relations, communications, marketing, non-profit management
- 5+ years of related experience preferably in planned giving and fund raising
- Demonstrated excellent writing, research, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to solicit and secure planned charitable gifts
- Demonstrated experience in donor relations and working effectively with volunteers
- Graduate degree in public relations, business, or finance.
- Experienced in use of Raiser’s Edge data management software
- CFRE credential
To apply, please go to the careers section of our website which is www.kcsl.org.