Manager - Middle Donor CultivationCompany: Children International
Date Posted: January 8, 2018
The Global Philanthropy team at CI is in the process of building a robust Middle Level Donor Cultivation team. The primary responsibility of the Manager – Middle Donor will be to lead a team of account managers whose responsibility will be to initiate, develop and cultivate the middle level donors and sustain the relationship by taking them through a journey of discovery and engagement with the mission of CI.
This Kansas City based position will report to the Vice President of Global Philanthropy. The Manager will focus on offering excellent donor experience, recruiting mid-donor prospects from mass donors, improving the year over year donor retention, and generating qualified leads for major donor prospecting. The ultimate goal is to raise resources and maximize the yield to the mission of CI - to ensure every child in our program is healthy, educated, empowered and employed.
You will be responsible for meeting the annual revenue growth, increasing the number of giving donors, improving year over year giving level, reactivating the lapsed donors and moving the donors up in the value chain to become major donors.
- Responsible for developing the strategy in partnership with the VP for Global Philanthropy and VP for Marketing.
- In compliance with the approved mid-donor strategy, set specific, quantifiable and measureable performance goals for each account manager and ensure goals are achieved.
- Closely monitor the performance, identify barriers and inefficiencies in implementing the strategies and prescribe plans for resolution.
- Plan and identify appropriate engagement strategies for every account on file based on the nature, and level of giving and steward an end-to-end relationship that offers excellent experience to donors.
- Lead the creation of donor promise based on the program offers, and equip self and the team with product and program knowledge to articulate well the CI mission and program sectors to the donors.
- Create and report to leadership on the key performance indicators and established goals.
- Develop appropriate tactics to implement the strategies and provide work direction to the account managers.
- Set targets for each account manager and monitors the performance to the goals and provides feedback and coaching to achieve the goals.
- Review the departmental plans, budget, processes and resources and maximize it towards increasing the yield to CI Mission.
- Plan and coordinate vision trips and implement other appropriate donor engagement opportunities.
Leadership and Management:
- Hire, train and equip the team members with skills and competencies to do their current jobs, as well as to position them for the future.
- Responsible for performance evaluation and salary recommendation for the team.
- Manage the agency relationship.
- Study the best practices in the industry and implement new innovative strategies that drives growth.
PERSONAL CHARATERISTICS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Possess a passion for children and youth and be committed to making a difference in the world.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (6-8 years). In addition, the candidate is expected to have at least five years of work experience in the areas of sales, fund-raising, client management, customer service or other related field including 3 or more years of supervising a sales or fund-raising team.
- Fundraising - demonstrates thorough knowledge of fundraising for social causes in domestic or international humanitarian organization.
- Prospecting skills – effectively asks questions and listens to donors to explore and then to identify the right giving opportunities for them.
- Communication skills – ability to communicate effectively at every level about CI programs and products, using appropriate customized style that produces the desired result.
- Coach/Leader /Mentor who embraces training and development of staff.
- Technology – adequate knowledge of CRM and similar tools needed for donor cultivation.
- Maturity – maintains positive outlook, works constructively under pressure. Responds respectively and resourcefully when challenges arise and accepts responsibility for actions.
- Persistence – since the mission and the cause is bigger than personalities, there is willingness to keep working systematically and tirelessly to meet and to exceed the stated goals, or until the goal is no longer reasonably attainable. Approaches objections or other challenges with a positive “can-do” attitude and explores alternative solutions to meet the clients’ needs.
- Networking – maintain and initiate good working relationships with other teams to achieve the established goals and results.
- Influencing skills – a strong sales and business acumen to influence their thinking, and calling for action of people representing a wide spectrum of life style, culture, beliefs and races.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity – communicates and interacts effectively with people from other cultures, and geographies.
- Managing multiple priorities – ability to navigate through multiple competing priorities and willingness to multi-task. Ability to make decisive action in conflicting and ambiguous environment with multiple stakeholders without losing perspectives on organizational priorities.
SEND RESUMES TO: firstname.lastname@example.org