Development AssociateCompany: Linda Hall Library
Date Posted: July 27, 2017
• Manage donor gift processing, including entering and coding all donations (mail, web, in-kind, etc.) and generate thank you letters. Ensure that donors are acknowledged using timely, personalized, effective, appropriate, and consistent methods.
• Manage information contained in donor database system (NEON).
- Responsible for the accuracy and integrity of the data and its use.
- Document best practices and create rules for data entry.
- Identify and manage duplicate records.
• Manage integration of third-party software (EventBrite, DonorSearch, and Fundraising Report Card).
• Create mail and email lists.
• Assist with the creation of reports used to support and inform fundraising strategies and measure effectiveness.
• Assist with donor communications and donor communications preferences.
Annual Giving Program
• Assist with direct mail program for current and lapsed annual donors.
• Help identify and develop strategies to acquire, cultivate, solicit, renew, and upgrade individual donors
.• Assist with donor segmentation strategies that will aid in more personalized solicitations and donor stewardship communications.
• Regularly analyze annual giving data and determine special donor recognition opportunities (e.g., cumulative or consecutive years of giving, gift anniversaries, etc.)
• Research and analyze donor data to identify and qualify new donor prospects and their giving potential.
•Assist Vice President for Development with prospect engagement and communications;tracking of “moves management” activities.
•Assist at public lectures and programs to identify donor prospects; work with librarystaff to identify donor prospects among patrons.
•Help create and implement engagement strategies for prospects.General Activities•Provide administrative support to the Vice President for Development, as needed.
•Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Essential Skills:
•Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years of paid relevant development experience.
•Experience with donor database/CRM systems such as Neon, Raiser’s Edge, etc.
•Excellent organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail.•Commitment to maintaining donor confidentiality.
•Strong planning skills, including the ability to anticipate tasks, set priorities, meetdeadlines, and function smoothly under shifting and competing priorities and activities.
•Capacity to develop and maintain positive and productive relationships with donors,funders, staff, library patrons, public programming audiences, and trustees.
•Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office. Experience or ability to learn wealth screeningsoftware, email marketing platforms, and social media applications.
•Willingness and ability to work occasional evening and weekend hours.
•Interest and appreciation in science. Have a positive attitude, sense of humor, and beliefin the power of philanthropy.
•Work is performed in normal office environment.
•Work involves operation of standard office equipment (personal computers/copymachines) for extended periods of time
.•Movement between floors and departments.
To apply please submit an application (available at www.lindahall.org/employment), cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 31, 2017,
Linda Hall Library is an “Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.”