Major Gifts OfficerCompany: Girl Scouts of NE Kansas & NW Missouri
Date Posted: July 24, 2017
Girl Scouts of NE Kansas & NW Missouri seeks to fill a Major Gifts Officer position in the Philanthropy Department with a candidate who loves connecting people and companies to its compelling and important mission of building girls of courage, confidence, and character who make the world a better place!
The ideal candidate will have experience with direct solicitation and a proven ability to connect with major donors including individuals, corporate executives and foundation program officers. The position reports directly to the Vice President of Philanthropy and will be responsible for securing outright gifts of $1,000-$50,000+ and planned gifts and will work in collaboration with the Grant Writer, other GSKSMO departments, and volunteers to achieve goals.
This position will be key in communicating compelling funding opportunities to our community-at-large and the 3,200 alumnae who live in our 47-county footprint surrounding the Greater Kansas City, St. Joseph, Topeka, and Manhattan areas. Candidates looking to make a difference in the lives of tens of thousands of girls are encouraged to apply.
- Manage the identification, discovery, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship and information tracking related to securing gifts from individuals, corporations and foundations. This includes retaining and upgrading current donors.
- Develop mid-level and major gifts from new sources to support the Girl Scout mission.
- Partner with the programmatic areas to successfully and strategically integrate Girl Scout programs into funding proposals.
- Identify creative fundraising strategies which help unleash the giving potential of a wide array of funders and stakeholders.
- 5+ years' fundraising experience, including major giving, portfolio and moves management; solid background in individual giving.
- Experience with corporate partnerships and alumnae giving programs is a distinct and desired advantage.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with emphasis on solicitation and building relationships.
- An understanding of the principles of fundraising; current issues and trends in fundraising; and corporate social responsibility.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to develop and deliver compelling arguments regarding the benefits of investing in Girl Scouts.
- Self-motivated to set, attain and surpass goals, with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of using donor databases. Raiser's Edge/NXT experience desired.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of budgeting and accounting.
- Ability to work with and train volunteers as needed to meet goals.
- Commitment to maintain confidentiality of information, records and materials.
- Ability to travel regularly in the Kansas City metropolitan area and monthly travel to regional hubs (including St. Joseph, Topeka, Manhattan) for meetings with occasional weekend and evening work.
GSKSMO offers a competitive salary and generous benefits such as: Medical/Dental coverage (81% premium paid for employees/75% for dependents), vision, group term life insurance, 50% of your contribution up to 2% company matching on retirement accounts after one year, 3 weeks' vacation plus one week off between Christmas and New Year's Day, and more.
Please submit a cover letter and resume here: Major Gifts Officer
Click the “Apply for this job online” button and follow the application steps. Please include a cover letter with your submission.
Contact Brianna Steinke at email@example.com with any questions.
OMNI and our clients are Equal Opportunity Employers and seek diversity in candidates for employment. EEO Employer W/M/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.