Development ProfessionalCompany: After the Harvest
Date Posted: April 11, 2017
After the Harvest is looking for a development pro who will join our passionate team and hit the ground running—overseeing and hands-on managing our fundraising efforts. This is a new position, vital to the growth of our young nonprofit organization. After the Harvest, established in May 2014, works with local farmers, commercial growers and packers to rescue fresh, nutritious produce that would otherwise go to waste and provide it to people who would otherwise go hungry. We secure this produce through gleanings (volunteers pick what’s left in the fields after the harvest) and large donated truckloads, which could end up in landfills. We’re Harvesters’ largest produce donor.
We’re seeking a spirited individual who sincerely cares about our mission and wants to make a difference by establishing this new department in our casual, fun, friendly and flexible work environment. After the Harvest also provides fully paid medical, dental and disability insurance, paid parking at its convenient midtown location, retirement contributions, and generous PTO and paid holidays.
1. Works with Leadership to develop and execute annual fund raising plans and strategies to support a growing organization.
2. Offers proven ability to pursue, write and submit award-winning grant proposals.
3. Creates and executes strategies to cultivate long-lasting partnerships with financial supporters.
4. Analyzes current fund-raising trends, tools and technologies, and adapts them to the benefit of After the Harvest, including web site, blogs, electronic newsletters and social media.
5. Leads the organization’s effort to plan and host fundraising events.
6. Works with Communications Director to create effective marketing and promotional materials.
7. Oversees development and expansion of database functionality regarding the capture and reporting of financial donor, donation and fundraising data.
8. Manages planning and budgeting activities within area of responsibility.
Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelors’ degree
• 5 years of fund development experience
• Solicitation experience
• Project supervision experience
• Ability to take initiative and follow through with a project successfully
• Ability to collaborate effectively, working with colleagues and partners with all levels of authority and expertise
• Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication, organization and presentation skills
• Computer literacy with experience in Word, Excel, Microsoft Office and Salesforce
• Knowledge of the regional philanthropic community
Salary and Benefits
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience and proven success. Please include your salary requirements in your cover letter, which outlines why you are a fit for this position.
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the position, please call Jane Fletcher at 816-921-1903.