Development Manager- Kansas City, MOCompany: Make A Wish, MO
Date Posted: March 30, 2017
Make A Wish, Kansas City MO
*To apply submit resume/cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Performs fundraising duties to support the development efforts of Make-A-Wish® Missouri. Serves as primary liaison to their respective events and/or programs to support overall Chapter revenue goals.
To be a successful Development Manager you must be able to:
- Recruit and support high-level volunteer leadership to ensure a quality experience for event attendees and guests
- Plan and conduct defined fundraising events that meet or exceed revenue goals
- Research new donors/sponsors
- Recommend fundraising priorities according to a 12-18 month cycle and develop an annual comprehensive calendar for initiatives
- Cultivate past donors and re-engage those whose support has lapsed
- Solicit budget-relieving support to complement event process and meet budgetary goals
- Evaluate annually and make recommendations for future growth
- Implement best practices
- Set corporate fundraising goals and see those through to completion
- Cultivate executive levels within companies to grow and strengthen support
- Recruit and engage local companies/individuals through 3rd party fundraising
- Work with current Community Wish Partners to grow their support
- Assist in the development of a department budget and monitor expenditures as they pertain to fundraising events and programs
- Contribute to content of annual reports, newsletters and other information to support relationships with donors
- Must have a consistent proven track record of winning sales results.
- Must be goal oriented
- Must be a self-starter and be able to evaluate options and make decisions with minimal supervision
- Other related duties as assigned
How you will spend your time in this job:
- 90% Funds Management: Recruit, Cultivate and Sustain donors
- 5% Event Logistics: Manage events/programs within budgetary guidelines
- 5% Organizational Development: Educate the general public and ensure compliance
To qualify for this job you need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field
- Minimum two (2) years of sales experience, preferably business to business sales, and/or fundraising experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience in non-profit or public agency management, including supervising volunteers, project management and community engagement.
- Prior experience using sales/call reporting software ideal
- Demonstrated knowledge of committee functions and structures.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to articulate mission large crowds
- Working knowledge of non-profit fiscal management, including fund accounting and budgeting
- Proven ability in fundraising, grant writing, corporate giving programs and fund development
- Intermediate computer skills are required; Raiser's Edge preferred.
- Ability to work potential nights and/or weekends
To apply submit resume/cover letter to: email@example.com